- In case you missed it: request a gift! If not for you, then definitely for me - I'm getting excited at the thought of doing these.
- I'm also offering letters (!), except now I don't know what to write in them! "Hi, I watched this movie today and it was terrible. I don't know if you're interested in that though. I went to the library and got a lot of books. Yesterday I went shopping!" (Note: I will not say that, I'm just showing you how awkward I am.)
- I hope you guys have posted your threads at the Holiday Love Meme, because it's ridiculously fun and flattering. I'm beginning to realise I have 'tells', which I don't want to specify because it's embarrassing. I did try very hard to keep away from the parentheses, though. I overuse them.
- My thread is wonderful. I LOVE YOU ALL and you make me sappy.
- I don't actually care for the Golden Globes because they're mostly rubbish (the fact that shows like United States of Tara and Nurse Jackie are nominated for comedies is outrageous, and combining the supporting actor category makes no sense to me), but throwing in nominations for The Tourist and Burlesque made me think less of everything else on that list, so well done, HFPA. You are the worst. I'm actually declining to talk about you, and considering I can blabber about pretty much anything, that actually means something!
(Although I want to quickly address one tiny thing, because not enough people will talk about how egregious this is: Piper Perabo over Anna Torv?! Are you kidding me? I know that every academy has something against genre TV, but I do not understand. Did they run out of people to nominate or something?)
- The Vampire Diaries is impressive - I'm constantly surprised by the control the writers have over the stories and characters, how plots affect the way other plots unfold, and the way every character is well-rounded, interesting, and has a purpose in the show's narrative. I feel bad for 'shipping any two characters that have a scene together, because I feel like I may be approaching the show the wrong way. Oops?
- Movies I need to see - ( maybe if i tell more people about this i'll stick to it )
In other news, I tried to watch The Hangover and could not stand it. I am fine with dumb comedy, and everyone loves this movie, so clearly there was something wrong with me or my mood.
- Also, I am still extremely excited about Rian Johnson's movie, whenever it will happen. Two years ago I ripped just the audio from a couple of movies because I loved the dialogue and wanted to see how much of the visuals I remembered, and I may do it again the next time I go overseas, except I'm not sure what I'd choose. Brick, with its own lexicon and the precise but rapid delivery of its actors, came to mind, except I'd feel bad to experience the movie without its gorgeous visuals.
- I want to watch The King's Speech, except it has no release date here in Singapore, and I promise you I will whine about this as often as I whine about it out loud, to my family and friends. Ha! 127 Hours is out on my birthday next January, though, which is exciting.
- Style: by
Expand Cut Tags
No cut tags