First: ❝WHAT I THINK ABOUT YOU❞
And now TV - I wanted to do all of these in more detail, but I ended up not being able to be in the mood (if that makes any sense), so - Glee
in detail, and for all the rest, one thing I wanted to point out and talk about a little.
- Glee - ( laryngitis )
- I think Community is the best thing on TV right now. I never am able to get into detail about this show, I really don't know how to. Last week, though, I ended Modern Warfare and wanted to scream/cry/rant because of how perfect it is - it's so inventive and interesting and crazy, but hilarious, sweet, and always heeding character. In twenty episodes that are nearly always set in a mildly surreal kind of universe, they've created sweet and realistic characters, given all of them good screen-time, allowed all of them great character development, and given them believable relationships with each other. Other shows should be paying attention.
- ( the office, parks and recreation, 30 rock )
- Doctor Who was fun and entertaining like Who should be. ( a little bit more on 'vampires of venice' )
- Chuck, you are a billion times more delightful when you keep away from the dumb angst.
Non-TV things -
- I have some very clear ideas about what I want to do, study-wise, but the difficulty is in finding the best way to get to that thing. It's kind of exhausting. Education in general is being very tiresome. This is the main reason I'm writing so much more these days.
- The original Spring Awakening cast sang Touch Me live a few years back, and I only just found it online. Only a couple of songs from this musical has managed to get to me (I've forgotten most of the rest), and Touch Me is the kind of song where I like the main tune but don't like the arrangement, performance, or dialogue interruptions in the official recording. This live performance is perfect. No dialogue, just brilliant harmonising of around 15 people on-stage together, singing something that's kind of gorgeous and it makes me a little teary. I've listened to it more times than I'm comfortable with telling you all!
- The Adjustment Bureau trailer, starring Matt Damon and Emily Blunt. I wasn't interested before, but now I'm psyched. Science-fiction romance with great consequences!!! It has Anthony Mackie in it, too, who you may remember better as the man criminally robbed of a Supporting Actor nomination for how brilliant he was in The Hurt Locker.
- BUT INCEPTION OH MY GOD. Damn it, Nolans. How is it that even knowing next to nothing about this movie I want to watch it right now?! It can't just be the stellar cast.
- There was an article in Newsweek last week about gay actors. Kristin Chenoweth responded to it, Ryan Murphy responded to it, and now Aaron Sorkin's responded to it. I have nothing to say about it, other than the fact that it's all interesting, but Sorkin's was so well-expressed that I feel like watching The West Wing right now.
- There a couple of photos of John Krasinski being carefree and adorable online over here. The ones of him and Emily are my favourites, because this one (rather than the one of them kissing, though this one helped) makes them look really relaxed and happy with each other, and that made me 'ship them more than anything ever. :P
This is a really long post. I'm sorry.