- Three weeks ago - in the middle of my exams, ugh - my iPod hung, and when I finally got my Macbook to recognise it again it had restored itself, i.e. memory completely wiped. My music is divided between stuff I had on my old computer and what I have now on my Macbook but weeding through that stuff is OK - I'll get everything back - but I'm angry now because I had THE BEST PLAYLISTS, YOU GUYS. There was one I had dedicated to sleepy music, which was mostly soft, and there was dedicated to simple music, which was acoustic-type or clean, easy pop, and there was shower music, for the songs I never skip and always sing along to, and rainy music, etc., and now I have over 7000 songs (and counting; there are albums I'm still remembering I haven't added yet) and that's just too much to go through.
This is the worst. I know it's a stupid problem, but I organise all of my things very seriously, and that's four years' worth of organisation that I've lost because I added a corrupted track to my iPod. Grrrr.
- I'm going through all of my entries and re-tagging them and it's taking a long time. It's also difficult because I do everything in point form and sometimes I mention things in detail, but sometimes I mention them fleetingly either to support something else I'm writing in detail about or just to say dumb things like "ohho I'll catch up on this now!", which basically means I waste a lot of time rereading my entries to figure out whether to tag it for that thing or not to. It's not even important, but I like being organised about this crap, which makes me irritating. (That was not a typo. I am irritating.)
- I had to take a break from my Vampire Diaries marathon because I was watching too much at a time, but very quick thoughts behind the cut - ( and mostly spoiler-free, if you're worried )
- This week's Community was wonderful. ( mom, how many lies have i been living?! )
- FRINGE! ( entrada )
I'm beginning to realise I'm incredibly biased when it comes to talking about Fringe - I love it too much. So this is how it feels to not want to talk about things that annoy you about shows you love!
- The Office this week looked like it was going to be frustrating and annoying, but the Michael-Oscar storyline was inspired, and the Pam-Dwight storyline made me both laugh and sniffle. Thank you, thank you, show, for addressing the things Pam has lost or has done wrong - and I loved that it wasn't the focus of a storyline, but just a motivation of the actual story, and I loved that it was short. Actually I liked a lot about how this episode was edited/put together. Sometimes I feel like this show uses the excuse of a documentary to be a little lazier about this sort of thing, which I guess works and it suits its old style, but the jokes worked better because of where certain shots were cut or certain scenes were shot, I think, which really helped.
- I'm going to be making a list of all the movies I want to be getting through (and in order!) and then I'll start on it properly.
This entry is really long, I'm sorry.