- OK, Community is brilliant, but this week's episode reminded me that sometimes this show gets a little too caught up with that brilliance and fails to let me connect with it in any other way.
( community thoughts and unnecessary feelings )
- 30 Rock, on the other hand, proved that it can get sweeter storylines pretty well when it wants to. ( 30 rock love )
- This week's The Office was weird because I should dislike it - it's absurd, unbelievable, and therefore mostly unlike the subtle, softer, sweeter nature of the humour that I loved this show for - but it's also ridiculously funny. ( the office, quickly )
- Modern Family this week probably had one of its funniest episodes. Loved it! ( modern family, quickly )
- Oh, Cougar Town, you are delightful and funny and also kind of heartbreaking. Thank you. ( cougar town, quickly )
- Steve Carell and Stephen Colbert's Everybody's Talking 'Bout Sully is both hilarious and ridiculously catchy. I love them a lot.
- I feel like I had non-TV things to talk about, but they're mostly along the lines of "studying a lot. am bored and tired and annoyed."
- I totally watched Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers dancing in YouTube clips for around an hour this afternoon - so talented, so classy (and god, the moves she pulls off in heels?!). I love black and white movies because their beauty and enjoyability is almost completely reliant on their stars' talents and charms. It's simple, unpretentious, and gorgeous.
Also, I find Cheek to Cheek intensely romantic (and that's not a word I like to use) - the way the notes climb at and my heart beats so that i can hardly speak, oh my heart. I can't be the only one who gets a little heartclutchy at these things, right?